Friday, January 18, 2013

Absinthe bar in Ebisu

Visited Tram bar in Ebisu today.  Tram bar is an Absinthe specialty bar with a big variety of absinthe and also lots of cocktails (and non- absinthe too). It's a wonderful retro French styled bar with leather couches, stylish waiters and good music. I really recommend it, maybe not so much for an evening with friends, as for a romantic date or a heart to heart discussion and catching up with a best friend.

Its address is Ebisu Nishi1-7-13 2F




And, I LOVE ABSINTHE :) 

Also, even if you don't like his music, you really have to taste Marilyn Manson's 
absinthe brand "Mansinthe"  with 66.6 % alcohol and wormwood (5 stars for the name and percentage haha). It was the barman's recommendation, as I didn't know which one to try. I had never tried absinthe before, but I will prefer it from now on. It's difficult to describe it, but was a really refined and herbal/woody (?) taste. 

Apart from that, I really don't understand what all the fuss with the effects of absinthe is. It is a really refined and better tasting herbal liquer, better than Raki, Tsipouro, Pastis or Grappa mixed with water. Not that I drank enough to be drunk though. 



My friend who got an absinthe cocktail, said it made her a little dizzy. I drank it pure with water but didn't feel any effect at all. Maybe just a little bit, but less than from other spirits.

And extra points for this in the WC  :)




The menu:








The bar:






No comments:

Post a Comment